My wife and I just got back from a three day winter retreat with our youth group from Grace Baptist. What a privilage to preach to them seven times. I graduated from that youth group 10 years ago. My life was changed while there. God is using Max Fernandez in a mighty way to shape young lives.
Below I’ve written the first sermon of the Kanisa Conference which took place last week in Middletown, OH. If you weren’t there…you just missed it. Tim, a missionary in Turkey, preached this soul-stirrer:
The Need for a Generation of Missionaries to Reverse Jihad in the Muslim World
Jihad lays at the very core of Islamic doctrine and culture
What most of the world knows about Jihad is only the tip of the iceberg
What is Jihad?
A struggle or striving. The Arabic word closely related to the verb jaahada which means “exerting one’s utmost power, effort, endeavors, or ability in contending with an object of disapproval.
From an Islamic theological, ideological, and historical perspective, jihad can be defined as taking advantage of every opportunity and resource to defend and spread the cause of Islam by all means and until Islam is globally acknowledged as supreme
4 types of Jihad
- Jihad against the soul – only exists where Muslims are a minority, they struggle within themselves
- Jihad against Satan – Anything contrary to Islam
- Jihad against injustice – combat, civil disobedience, activism, and public condemnation
- Jihad against hypocrites/unbelievers – in the heart secretely, open debates, financial, fighting, and martyrdom (highest form of Jihad) Holy War
“Fight and slay the Pagans wherever you find them, and seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem” Surah 9:5
We are at war!
Ephesians 6:2 – We wrestle not against flesh and blood. We are fighting against spiritual darkness
We need a generation of heroes!
We need mighty men of God!
I Chronicles 11:10
- They must have a strong, unwavering faith (11:11,20)
- They must not be a deserter (12-14)
- In the face of hardships
- In the face of Pressure – eccuminical
- Hand clave to the sword
- Stay in the battle until it is won
- Willingness to Venture all for the King(15-19)
- For the desire of the Lord
- Tadjk boy from Taliban camp
- Jeopardizing their lives for their king (19)
- Conditions of the fight do not matter (22)
- Scary foe – lionlike men
- Cold – desert
- Not afraid of giants (23)
- i. David Himself
- ii. The giant of Islam is defying the living God!
- iii. He was out-weaponed but still won the fight
- Loyal (12:1)
- Stayed close to the king
- Well trained (12:2)
- We must get preperation
- Sling stones (left and right handed)
- Ready for offense and defense (12:8)
- Quick to Attack – they didn’t wait for the battle to come to them
- Extremely Zealous of their lord’s name (2 Samuel 16:5)
We need a generation of believers that will push forward and blitz the Muslim world with the gospel